Monday, February 6, 2012

Have Another Sip

Hotep,
I know we’re well into 2012, but I still have a speck of negativity on my shoulder from 2011.  This blogosphere never ceases to amaze me.  I get love from all corners of the map.  Na mean?  When I wrote “Hot Chocolate Takes Me Away” (http://word2themasses.blogspot.com/2011/10/hot-chocolate-takes-me-away.html), my intent was to pass through some of the pivotal episodes in the story of my existence, while professing my love for the sweetness of Hot Chocolate.  It wasn’t meant to inflame the insecurities of an “Anonymous Husband.” Real Talk.
It’s clear this “Anonymous Husband” has issues with me.  Believe me; I recognize this transmission of W2TM isn’t easily accepted by those who may choose to believe everyone inside the box is guilty of whatever they’ve been charged with.  So, it’s all good “Anonymous Husband.”
However, I do have to question your judgment.  As a father of 2 sons, do you really think it was wise to denigrate their mother (my ex) in cyberspace?  What type of example does that set for these young black men you’re raising?
I mean, the credentials you listed, in your comment, make you sound like an educated fellow, who’s well respected in his community.  Even I applauded your efforts to rehabilitate convicted felons.  Trust me, you’ve helped me a great deal already.  What I can’t understand is your position of defending “The Sistas who are no longer here,” while you publicly attach and ridicule the mother of your children – as well as the strong minded Sistas who support this blog.  Don’t you realize this transmission is worldwide?  Your words are now and forever a part of this movement “Anonymous Husband.” Do you not think that your sons will one day read this?  SMH  Wow!!
I promised my editor that I would respond to your comment without joining you in disrespecting your wife.  So I’ll apologize for you taking offense to my revelation about who I should love.  But, allow me to ask you this, “Anonymous Husband:” Would you reveal to a court of law your connection to W2TM, if you are called to serve on the jury of a capital murder case?  Will you tell the court about your “One last cup of Hot Chocolate?”  Or, will you allow the court and the defendant to believe you can be rational-minded and without bias, while performing your civic duties as a juror?
First impressions shouldn’t define a person’s character, but I get the distinctive feeling that your jury duty would be too convenient for you to hand down a life altering punishment to someone you wished was me.  If I’m wrong, you’re more than welcome to correct me.  If I’m not, your silence is the only answer this blogosphere needs.  Ya heard?
Keep it 100,

MannofStat (NP 4 Life)
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment