Monday, October 31, 2011

Invisible Mann

Hotep,

The freedom. 
The anonymity. 
The power.
At one time, this was my perception of invisibility, endless days and nights of being wherever I wanted to be, whenever I wanted to be there.  Eagles’ games, Sixers’ game, any hip-hop gathering that ever ventured through my city...that's Philly if you didn't know.
Invisibility would give me the jump on crowd control, ridiculous traffic and long lines at the concession stands.  I wouldn’t have to deal with false accusations or mistaken identities.  My light-skinned, 5’8” medium frame would no longer be a commonality.  It would be my business and my business only.  Na mean?
All of this talk about being invisible is a mere fantasy, maybe even childish, right?  But, the truth of the matter is that my existence in North Carolina’s basement (Death Row) for the past 14 years, qualifies me as being invisible to society.  Oh sure, society is aware of a death row prisoner costing the state millions in tax dollars, but to not know me as an individual makes me invisible to a society that sees me as less than human.  Feel me?
Well, on March 13, 2010 I stopped being invisible to society.  Not only can society now see me as an individual, but they can also hear the voice of a Mann that yearns for the justice of freedom. 
The words of truth coming from this Mann, debunks media satire or the furor of detractors hiding behind the guise of anonymity.  Power belies invisibility.  Word is bond! 
The fact that I’ve been reaching the eyes and ears of the world for the last 19 months has convinced me that being invisible is not for a Mann or anyone who has something good to share with the world.  Ya heard?
Deuces,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. I hear you loud and clear! I wish you could hear this CD by Vanessa Rubin the song is called "It's Probably Me". I will send you the lyrics in my letter today! When you read the lyrics just remember it reminds me of a couple in California called "Blue Family"LOL! Love Ya

    ReplyDelete