Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sweet Thing

Hotep,

I love writing.  Now, that’s no secret to anyone affiliated with this blog, but what you don’t know is writing has been my passion since the fourth grade.  It’s hard to imagine life without the expression of my pen.  I’m daunted by the thought of waking up without a word to write.  Real talk.

Writing has been my safe haven throughout the most difficult times in my life.  For me, love and writing go hand and hand.  My writing is inspired by love.  Whether it be my love for Divine Creation, my love of sports or my love for the special person in my life.  My writing has always been a manifestation of love.  Feel me?

Recently, love led me to the mighty book of 1 Corinthians, chapter 13.  It speaks of love being the greatest gift.  So, without love, my words would be meaningless, an empty expression to say the least.  

I learned that true love can’t be lost.  The kind of love I would never give up on, a love that inspires me to shout my literary expression from the long dim halls of death row.  Word is bond!

Love is Sweet and writing is my Thing.  No time zones or oceans can interfere with me and my ‘Sweet Thing.’ Real love leaves no room for interference to be effective.  My love will forever be in my words.  There is no interference when you love what you do.  Let your love be your success. 

I love you Sweet Thing. 

“And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
1 Corinthians 13:2

Stay Up,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment