Sunday, March 9, 2014

Change of Address


Hotep,


Can you imagine what life would be like without the freedom to express your opinion?  I mean, without the least amount of effort, a person is able to form an opinion on just about any topic.

E.g. I think stability should be prevalent in the rearing of a child; simply my opinion, right?  Now, here are the facts: Job cuts, school closings, or even worse, the death of a legal guardian can happen at the blink of an eye.  If stability is relinquished, does that mean the child is bound to fail?  Not at all.

The will to survive goes beyond human understanding.  In the most dire of circumstances the weak become strong.  The blind see all and the mute find a voice.  To be uprooted, moved away or taken from the familiar surroundings and the loved ones within it, is not without anguish.  But it is the evolution of a survivor.

1300 Western Boulevard had been my address from 1997 to 2013.  I’m currently serving my 17th year of bondage at Central Prison.  For some reason or another, the address was recently changed.  From the outside looking in, I’ve changed addresses without going anywhere.  I’m stuck in the same place, right?

Well, for those of you who may not know, my lifestyle address changed four years ago.  My way of life residency has been http://www.word2themasses.blogspot.com since March 2010.  The stability of this platform has nurtured my evolution as a writer and a Mann of focus.  Which in turn, makes me a survivor.  Feel me?

The W2TM movement has been my ‘deluxe apartment in the sky.’ From this view, I can see the world as it is, and not how I perceive it to be.  The concrete box continues to be my reality, but the familiar surroundings of this blogosphere have molded me into a person who can accept another’s opinion as just that, simply an opinion.

Now, here’s a fact that’s longing for your opinion: Bradley Cooper (no, not the actor from Silver Linings Playbook fame) is the accused murderer – tried and convicted of killing his wife, less than four years ago.  He and I currently share the same address.  We both faced Wake County superior court judges and prosecutors during our trials. 

I wear a red jumpsuit and he wears brown khakis.  Bradley Cooper was recently awarded a new trial.  My case has been in abeyance since 2004.  He’s currently awaiting a bond hearing.  His address could very well change before the year is out.  Does this mean I’m bound to fail?  Or am I still a survivor?

100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2014 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment