Monday, March 25, 2013

State of Lunacy


Hotep,

The elections of 2k12 have been documented and filed in the archives of political science as this goes to press.  I’m was always confident that the 44th president would maintain his seat as this country’s Commander-in-Chief.  Maybe he can better this country’s economical woes with another four-year term as president.  Maybe not.  If nothing else; the citizens of this country will know that terrorism – in-house or abroad – will not be tolerated.  Na mean?

The American dream will continue to thrive under the leadership of incumbent president, Barack Obama.  However, in the state of North Carolina, Governor Pat McCrory has his sights set on revitalizing the state’s death chamber.  I don’t have to tell you that this will prove to be a nightmare for death row residents whose appeals have exhausted.  Unlike the presidential election, the North Carolina governor’s race was wrapped up before it started.  Pat McCrory was the driver – just waiting for the keys.  SMH

I was pretty consistent with my resolutions for the year 2k12.  In “Fulfilling a Resolution” (3/25/12), I spoke about not allowing the rainy days of 2k11, to sway my drive of becoming a much better writer.  I feel as though I did just that.  But, the end of 2k12 projected the potential of state sanctioned executions in 2k13.  Word is bond!

“Communicating with the masses from a death row prison cell has proven to be inspirational for some – but exasperating for others.”

These are my exact words coming from that self-motivating post, of March 25,2k12.  With that said; I will continue to take my life to the next level, in 2k13.  For sure!  I only hope the growth in my writing, isn’t founded on the carnage that the governor has promised to bring to fruition.  Feel me?

As I stated in “Fulfilling a Resolution:” “My life is currently in a state of a major transition.” This remains true in every sense of the phrase, and I’m ever so grateful for this concrete cocoon, in which I’ve grown my literary wings.  Peeling through the payers of this cocoon to achieve my flight to freedom is inevitable.  Ya heard?

The sad part about the winds gusting beneath my wings; is the targeted death row inmates that refuse to grasp the reality of the recent electoral change.  I empathize with death row prisoners worldwide, but the inmates exhibiting more concern for the inner dealings of penitentiary life, and blanketing their reality with the guise of oblivion, while convincing themselves that insignificance is bliss, I can only offer you this: “Hate it or love it; a change is coming.  Feel me?” (Fulfilling a Resolution).
This year, I’ll continue to look at the cup as half full.  2k13 will be a historical year for the state of North Carolina one-way or the other.  Maintaining my sanity while trapped in this state of lunacy is too big of a commitment to be labeled a resolution; it’s a life choice.  So 2k13; Give me what you got!

Keep it 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment