Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Mann Behind the Pen



Hotep, 

Wow!  This is absolutely incredible!!  The 3rd year of W2TM.  Who knew?  SMH.  This journey began with a friend and some great childhood memories. Three years later, W2TM has become a learning tool for anyone unaware of ‘Lady Justice’ peeking from beneath her blindfold.  Na mean?

I recognize this opportunity as nothing less than Divine Intervention.  In no way is it a common practice for a prisoner of my political status to have a voice of this magnitude.  Not only am I thankful for my Creator delivering such a great moment in my life, but, I’m also humbled by the many responses to my Creator’s work, through my writing.  That’s what’s good.

There have been many times – more than I can count – I’ve picked up this pen without the slightest inclination of what I should write.  Somehow, the words will just pour out of me, as if my physical presence was nothing more than a boiling tea pot unleashing the flavor of the ultimate preparer.  I merely contain this literary sweetness that fills the cups of the masses.  I don’t make it.  Feel me?

There are other times where I’m awakened by a sudden thought.  Call it a dream or a voice, but I’m driven by a higher power to push this pen.  Of course, there are times when the teapot will try to stir the sweetness residing within, for what I may believe to be additional flavoring.  Imagine that.

That’s why I’m also thankful for my Editor-in-Chief, Rochelle.  She’s the balance that prevents the overflow of my deepest expressions.  She dovetails my declarations one sip at a time, allowing the masses to savor the everlasting flavor of the Creator.  Ya heard?

I’m just a Mann behind the pen, my Peoples.  W2TM was destined to be; long before any of us came into the physical existence.  I’m honored to be appointed as your MannofStat; the point guard to the People.

This 12-month span has been filled with tragedies, around the world, and in our own backyards.  I mean, the madness at Sandy Hook Elementary School should’ve  made you tell people closest to you that you loved them.  If not; it was definitely a lesson that some things we just won’t be able to control.  You can only protect your loved ones, but so much.  At some point, you have to let go and let God.  The Creator doesn’t need our help.  We need His.  Feel me?

Despite my shortcomings; I’ve been sculpted for this particular mission.  As I continue to fulfill my purpose, I’m still the Mann you knew; the Mann you know now; and the Mann behind this pen.  This Mann’s labor of love is an integral facet to the Creator’s plan for 2k13 and beyond.  Stay tuned.  Love ya fam.

Doing What I Do,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment