Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back on Track: Driving to a Purpose


Hotep, 

The final days of 2k12 left the sour taste of uncertainty and discouragement on the surface of my soul.  But, like a North Carolina snowfall; it just wouldn’t stick.  The movement of the ‘snail mail’ (you do remember what that is, right?) was simply atrocious.  My old friend, ‘Smoke Digga,’ lost his most precious jewel, Ms. Daisy Mae Larry (7/23/1934 – 12/4/2012).  Rest in peace Mama Larry, your son’s love for you stands out like a fresh tear gracing the side of a dry cheekbone.  That love will continue to flow.  Ya heard?

To make matters worse, a certain ‘Time Stretcher’ threw a glitch into the Mannerisms of my Manhood.  In saying that; I wholeheartedly apologize to my fam and followers for any degree of disappointment resulting from my brush with the wiles of the ‘Time Stretcher.’

Every situation won’t always add up like dollars and cents.  If you allow yourself to engage in senseless interactions, you may find yourself making sense of matters that aren’t worth the scents rising from a day old bag of trash.  So, since I’ve done just that; it’s now my obligation to assure you that your MannofStat is back on track.  Word is bond!

I gotta tell you, blogosphere; the first 10 minutes of the Steve Harvey morning radio show has played a major role in the replenishment of my focus.  His inspirational thought of the day has been a spiritual booster for a Mann engulfed in the melancholy of the concrete box.  Feel me?

So far, 2k13 has been a strain on my mental, but my productivity remains consistent.  There are times when my day-to-day circumstances threaten to hinder my connection to the free world.  Thank God I’m a firm believer that your present circumstances don’t have to be your defining moment.  That type of existence would be a submission of any principles that make me the Mann I am.  Ain’t no way!  SMH.

It’s only March, but I can already see that I’ll be tuned into the journalistic works of Philadelphia Daily News columnist, Ms. Helen Ubinas.  In the short time I’ve been reading her column, she’s displayed a much appreciated knack for showing the better side of what society may deem to be the ‘common criminal.’

Ms. Ubinas recently reviewed the film, ‘Pull of Gravity.’ One of the stories within this film features a cat named Andy.  A 44-year-old black male recently released from prison.  Now tell me; how could I not draw inspiration from this seed of freedom?  Hopefully, the pioneering spirit of Ms. Ubinas becomes contagious to those who can’t see the forest for the trees.  The seed of freedom has fallen on fertile soil.  Na mean?

Asante, Ms. Ubinas!  Through your literary outlook, I can feel that I’m not kicking on the door in vain.  That’s what’s up!!

Peace and Love,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment