Sunday, February 3, 2013

Black in the Box, Volume 1: 3 Minutes 2 Death



It was last Friday night and baby it was that night.  That night all my insecurities would be taken away, the night I proved my love… more and the night he …took more, but listen that was ok because I was determined to make this night different. 

I got in my sexy black dress.  You know the one where every inch of your curves are shown affection?  The one that you were told to keep in the back of the closet and only pull out for special occasions. 

Well, this night was one of those “special occasions.”  We went to the movies and got dinner and guess what?  He paid this time!  I can believe it, I told y’all this was a “special occasions.” 

So he said to me, “Baby since I treated you tonight, you gotta do the same for me.” I wasn’t gonna let my man down so you already know what I had to do.  I made that night different and so did he. 

We became one for a whole…3 minutes!  Yes, 3 minutes, but those were the best 3 minutes of my life and that’s when I realized he loved me, he really loved me.  He loved me so much that instead of me making that night different, he did. 

He gave me a black box with a red ribbon on it.  I just knew that he was asking me to marry him and baby I had everything planned out in my head.  We were getting married in New York City in a big cathedral or maybe on the rooftop like Beyonce and Jay-Z. 

I fell so out of touch with reality that I didn’t even open my box.  So I came back and took off the ribbon slow and lifted up the top of the box and guess what was inside?  3 little letters that stood for every minute we became one. 

In this box laid my soul. 

In this box laid my heart. 

In this box laid our future together. 

In this box laid the 3 letters, H.I.V. 

How could he do this to me?  This night, this night was supposed to be different, it was suppose to be a special occasion, but instead it was just 3 minutes 2 death.

By Jasmine Vaugh
Copyright © 2013 by Jasmine Vaugh









----------------------------------
Check it out Blogosphere,

February 7th is National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (http://www.nationalblackaidsday.org).  Take a moment to make sure you take care of your business. 

Keep it 100
MannofStat

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the support and platform cousin.

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete