Tuesday, January 29, 2013

6 Degrees of Obsolete



Hotep, 

I haven’t driven a car since the global positioning system was made available to everyday citizens.  I haven’t travelled by train or enjoyed the first class treatment of an airline flight crew in this post-911 era.  Frequent flyer miles may as well be bungee jumping to me; I just don’t do it.  Na mean?

I still read newspapers that are hand delivered.  The phenomenal usage of the I-Pad escapes me whenever I moisten my fingertips to turn the page of my reading materials.

The closest I’ve come to ‘Skyping,’ is hearing the voices of my loved ones – once a year – by way of a land-line.  I’ve never sent anyone a text message; I’m still writing love letters, and I still anticipate snail mail.  Real talk.

I still enjoy rappers that haven’t experienced the instant success of ringtones.  Does that make me obsolete?  Nah, just old school, but the radio is still my main source of musical display.  An I-Pod would probably send me into a state of rhythmic bliss.  The freedom of listening to my own music selections is currently passé, but not unattainable.  Feel me?

My years spent inside of this box, is equivalent to being placed inside of a time capsule; nothing changes if no one intervenes.  The radios, televisions, plumbing, ventilation systems and penitentiary mannerisms, eventually become obsolete to a person who chooses to rise above the stillness perpetuated by those who choose not to intervene.  Thinking outside of the box has been the mental calisthenics that strengthens my need to proceed; time capsule or not.  Word is bond!

My production within the last, nearly three years has relinquished some fears – nudging others forward to facilitate the voices of men.  In their wake others are enlightened by the accessibility of ‘The Pen.’ Facilitators will never become obsolete.  Ya heard?

I still wake up everyday with the will to regain my freedom.

I’m still pushing this pen with the genuine aspirations of a go-getter, until the ink runs dry. 

My focus remains the same today, as it was the first day I reached out to this blogosphere (“The Basement,” 3/31/2010): unveiling the guise of ‘blind justice;’ bringing awareness to the deliberate indifference of prosecutors when selecting jurors; sharing the inadequacies of ineffective counsel, while eliciting the obsolete protocols of crime lab investigations.  This is my position of interrupting the stillness within the time capsule.  Na mean?

My purpose may be pertinent to those on the wrong side of the gavel, but not exclusive to them.  This movement is the key to exposing the obsolete logistics of racial injustice practiced in our courtrooms everyday.

Freedom isn’t free, but it’s still far from becoming obsolete.  For that matter; so is the legacy of W2TM.  Ya heard?

Keepin it 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 by Leroy Elwood

No comments:

Post a Comment