Sunday, June 10, 2012

Who Is Imani?

Hotep,


The first time I encountered Imani, I had no idea she would be essential to my existence.  I wanted to get closer to her, but I wouldn’t dare try to use her.  There was something that made her so different from all of the rest.  Even a man like me could see her presence was much more significant than the occasional conquest.
Lust, infidelity and deception were my acquaintances and they did a fairly good job of convincing me of who and what a Mann needs in his life.  Their mere existence granted my distorted perception that “seeing is believing.” So Imani remained a familiar mystery to a man of the world, but this Mann has grown wiser and that man is no more.
Imani is the drive behind this Mann’s achievements.  She is a force of unending generosity that requires a Mann’s spirited and original efforts to free him of any form of bondage.  Imani waters the seed of a Mann’s creativity.  She is the bridge linking inspiration to fruition.  Ideas may come and ideas may go, but Imani makes every thought a small gift worthy of being shared as a momentous treasure.
How could I live without her?  She gauges my frustrations, and then channels them through a literary craftsmanship that ignites the flame of a Mann’s passion.  Giving him more than what he can see, but offering him everything that he feels.
How could a Mann know love without Imani?  She is the fruit without a season.  Love knows no season. It just happens when it happens.  When Imani is present, love is never misleading.  She’s direct and to the point.  She offers much, but asks for so little.  To truly love, you have to know Imani.
It’s comforting to know that my blindfold didn’t keep Imani from seeing the real me.  The path that lies before me will be a journey of newfound experiences that refines the best of men.  Obstacles of discouragement and indifferences may weigh heavy, but having Imani will surely lighten the load of the world’s disparagement toward my future achievements.
Imani is Swahili for “faith.” Without faith; life would be hollow.  Aspirations would be nonexistence.  Imani has always been here and for that reason I will never leave her.  Imani breeds high expectations.  Who is she?  She’s the love of my life. Without her, seeing would be believing.  Ya heard?
Eternally Yours,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment