Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the Move Vol. 4: Back to the Block

“No running for 21 days.
May walk using the boot. 
Okay to use the stairs.
No standing on left leg for 21 days.
Return to the orthopedics in 3 weeks.”
-          Dr. S. 


Hotep,
I’m back on Pod 6.  It’s been 5 weeks since I went under the knife.  I was cleared to move back upstairs on Wednesday (1/11/12), but the actual transition didn’t happen until Friday (1/13/12).  Yeah, Friday 13th.  Who knew?  SMH
Not everyone was pleased about my return to the upper tier, cell IU217.  Even though I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air; my mission remains the same.  You see, I’ve learned to thrive on the hate – whether it’s coming from inside this box or from the street.  Hate is my reality check.  It’s the telltale sign that I’m doing something right.  As long as my moves continue to breed positive results, I’ll deal with the hate like a pick working through a nappy afro; it might make you cringe, but the end result is almost always favorable.  Feel me?
The medical instructions at the top of this post are the words that concluded my downstairs hiatus.  As much as I wanted to come back upstairs – I enjoyed breaking bread with Hilltop, Jamil, Nasty Nas and Streets.  Hate doesn’t stand a chance with a supporting cast like this.  No doubt.  What it do Peoples?
Once I got settled in on Pod 6, I learned my man “Smoke Digga” was rushed to the prison hospital shortly before I came to the block.  He suffered a collapsed lung.  The latest report is his condition is stable, but he’ll remain in the outside hospital until his condition improves.  Keep on swinging and get back to the block Smoke Digga.  Pod 6 ain’t the same without you Dunn.  Real talk.
My youngsta Frost blessed me with a few packs of Picante beef flavored, Oodles of Noodles.  The smell alone takes me back to North Philly, 25 years ago to be exact.  An 18 year old MannofStat facing a bowl of noodles and two slices of white bread, contemplating my next move.  My life has come full circle blogosphere.  I may have missed my shot, but I rebound well.  Ya heard?
Be Easy,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. Hey There! Just wanted to let you know I feel Ya and wanted to Holla at you! Be Easy yourself! Be a Blessing Today! Always remember Blue and the Love You Had LOL! Holla Back!

    ReplyDelete