Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fulfilling a Resolution

This post was originally meant to be published the first of January

Hotep,
Looking back on 2K11, I can clearly see positivity – as well as mental, physical and spiritual growth – enveloped within the days of another year gone by.  Optimism is the magnifying glass that permits us to see the cup as half full.  And believe me, I live by that.  But how can one ever dismiss the occasional storms that flood our comfort levels or temporarily wipe out the power that generates the ambitions of a Go-getter?
Those rainy days of 2K11 will not sway my drive of becoming a much better writer in 2K12.  Truth be told; those storms will encourage me to take my life to the next level.  In fact, I’m making that my New Year’s resolution, for 2K12, “Taking my life to the next level.”  That’s what’s up!
Now, in order to accomplish this feat, I must cast away all uncertainties and allow my social barriers to become social magnets, which don’t necessarily require me to erase the scratch line of my personal space.  It simply means I should be intuitive concerning the favor of my Creator.  Na mean?
Accomplishing this grants me ample protection from the showering of frustration, despair, discouragement and envy.  The swirling winds of hate and pessimism are merely a trickle of a challenge as I stomp through the puddles of cynicism and vindictiveness. You see, these storms will only enhance the girth of my umbrella of favor.
Communicating with the masses from a death row prison cell has proven to be inspirational for some – but exasperating for others.  My life is currently in the state of a major transition.  Hate it or love it; a change is coming.  Feel me?
I only wish George Junius Stinney was alive to experience this movement of a Mann touching society from a judicial mausoleum.  Oh, forgive me; you may not know who George is.  He just so happens to be the youngest person ever executed in the US.  At 14, this Columbia, South Carolina youth was accused, tried and convicted of killing two white females.  With no physical evidence, an all white male jury convicted George in 10 minutes.  SMH.
1944 was a very dark time for this country.  Looking at the cup as half full, I’ d be inclined to think we’ve come such a long way since 1944, but then Troy Davis was executed by the state of Georgia 67 years later.  SMH.  More storms will come, for sure, but they won’t stop me from fulfilling a resolution in 2K12.  Word is bond!!
Keeping it 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment