Saturday, December 31, 2011

CaveMann: Back to the Beginning

Hotep,
Its 2012. A New Year. A grand opportunity to shed your disappointments of the last 365. Feel me? According to the Mayan codex, 2012 is projected to be the end of the sensible world. Be easy, Blogsphere. It’s far from my intent to stir a panic concerning human civilization. So pump your brakes and keep looking in your rearview. The rationale of my point is riding the bumper of your speculation. I suggest that you fasten your seat belts.
Everyday breeds an ending to someone’s physical existence. Should we panic? No! Eventually everyone has an appointed place and time in which this worldly existence will end for them. The fact that you have another day to even consider panicking about what lies ahead is without question a new beginning. Na mean?
When I was sentenced to die in 1997, my initial thought processing concluded I would soon meet my end. That was nearly 15 years ago. I spent the past decade and a half familiarizing myself with the tipped scales of justice. Not overwhelming myself with emotion of frustration and anxiety about how my life was going to end. Real talk.
I’m amazed by the evolvement of technology; the genius of the I-Phone, the visual escape of Skyping or the road awareness upgrade for the crème de la crème of automobiles, the Mercedes Benz. I mean, when I left the street road awareness was simply blowing your horn. LOL.
A caveman doesn’t have to be some little hairy dude carrying a club and only speaking one syllabled words. The term, “caveman” may come to mind when you think of all of the perks of freedom I’ve missed out on. I don’t mind telling you that I’m not offended by that, because whenever I take a trip to the outside hospital or go back to court, the scenery hits me like a Jetsons’ cartoon. Feel me?
Inside these walls, everything remains the same. Clothes House and sheet change is every Tuesday and Thursday. The library book cart shows up like clockwork every Wednesday. The weekly movies are shown on Fridays and you can’t get past the harassment of certain C.O.’s when you attempt to improvise their scheduling. This existence can easily be perceived as “Stone Aged.”
But, I have a whole new year to look forward to. I refuse to allow the fact of 2011 ending with me behind these “Stone Aged” walls; undercut my future contributions to the Masses in 2012. It’s back to the beginning, people. It’s a new year to improve on the evaluation of Self. Let’s start this New Year in epic fashion. Hopefully we can all get better together. Ya heard?
Happy Kwanzaa,
MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. This year is gonna be a prosperous year for both of us brother. It's our time to shine. So excited to see what the year holds for us. Love and miss you.
    Jazzy

    ReplyDelete