Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Mann You Don’t Know

Hotep,
Deuce
As the 3rd anniversary of my grandseed’s humanly existence approaches (9/24), I find myself torn between the pride and frustration of being a Mann. 

Only God knows how much I’d rather be assisting Daveante Sr., in giving “Deuce” a grand b-day celebration.  I’ll tell you, being parked inside this box isn’t going to permit that, but my current situation isn’t irrevocable.  Na mean?

I have to say asante (Thank you) to my Creator and all parties involved in the good that has taken place in my life.  The good has been my window seat throughout my tour of negativity, giving me a clear view of the Mann on the inside.  This box isn’t the end of my journey; it’s been more of a temporary education center.  I’ve learned so much about myself, much about other people and much more about what it means to be free.  Feel me?
This blog isn’t just about me; “W2TM” is a manifestation of my people’s love.  It’s a reflection of the knowledgeable people around me and the blueprint for the people who come from me (Holla if ya hear me, Day-Day).  These words are the breath of my existence.  My expressions expel the myths about the Mann on the inside and reveal the facts about the Mann you don’t know.  Ya heard?
If I could provide a world free of high risks and failures, I would grant my grandseed this and much more, but for now my beloved “Deuce,” my b-day gift to you is my offering of the truth about the Mann you don’t know.
Now I know that you’re far too young to comprehend the impact of my words.  I’d much rather you got to know your G-dad up close and personal.  I’ll continue to strive for freedom, but my words are available now.  In time, you will understand exactly what I’m saying.  I am “Lump” to my fam & friends.  I am also “Dad” to your dad, “Doc” to my hip-hop community, “Leroy” to our government and MannofStat to cyberspace.  But, to you – and for now, only you – I’ll always be “G-dad.”
Your Dad, Day-Day
We share a bloodline that’s filled with purpose Deuce.  Poverty, tragedy nor prison can change that.  You are a part of the good that is happening in my life Lil’ Mann, my window seat indeed.  So Happy Born, Daveante Elwood Mann, Jr., a.k.a., “Deuce.”  G-dad will always be with you.  Real talk.
Your G-Dad

Much love,

MannofStat a.k.a., “G-dad
Copyright ©2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. Mann genes are strong!!!!!!

    Love ya Cuz

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete