Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Art of Expression

Hotep,

As long as I have this platform, I’m always going to have something to say.  It’s been a blessing, not only for me, but for those closest to me, as well.  Using this blog as a canvas and allowing my words to paint an expression, is something that I was meant to do.  Writing is second nature to me because I’ve always had something to say.  Na mean?
Through this blog, I’ve introduced you to the expressions of Mr. Blue, Bucktown and Bigg Dogg.  Today the stage belongs to J-Rock.  A quiet brother with much to say, the recent death of Amy Winehouse sent J-Rock into a poetic fit.  He calls this expression, “Heroine vs heroin, Mourning vs morning.
Conscientiousness can be an open door.  This particular thinker has welcomed us to explore, the depths of his mental, getting all in you like intestinal.  It’s no longer a mystery why J-Rock is on point like a decimal.
Allow him to explain the main course before you feast on his poetry.  I assure you, your literary hunger will be well fed.  Word is bond!
One,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann



The Art of Expression
My connection to Amy Winehouse is through the struggle.  Her music is a testimony of wanting to be free.  It’s no secret people are oppressed.  Everywhere someone is a victim, a political prisoner, an addict and suffering is just part of their day.
For an African American young man it is common to see your peers stereotyped by the media, mistreated by the courts and beat by the police.  Usually the blame is poverty.  Otherwise, paparazzi will assign a victim and a person to be responsible.  Well, what about Amy?
This is my responsibility in life to be positive and constructive.  So the experience of writing this piece is an accomplishment on its own.  To share my thoughts with words is a blessing, it’s a great feeling.  It wasn’t until after the poem was complete that I realized mourning and heroin could be used differently like a homonym.  So, this expression was my own reminder of how words can be a weapon like a two-edge sword.  The alphabet is amazing.  All it takes is one letter to turn a weakness into a strength.
I wish I had the chance to hear more songs by Amy.  Her death moved me to write about her life as well as others including my own.  It is often said that a painting or piece of art will find you and grab your attention.  I hope this gets someone’s attention like it got mine.
Amy Winehouse was a beacon of hope, a warning, a signal to keep fighting no matter what.  As long as we struggle to live, her inspiration will never end. 

Heroine vs heroin
Mourning vs Morning
 
The world is dark/ You are my night vision – Close to my heart
What is my left – hook?
When my death is in jeopardy.
Love poison this eulogy.
I’m poised / Suspended in your rite of passage – pass me.
We don’t need magic to imagine AMY BEING checkered free.
No Alcohol / Not even a wine-house,
Maybe then, they might recognize real tragedy.
You are the right prescription / The bloods Attack
I can’t refuse / Its so wrong to hold back.
Can Not deny the place where I belong.
Inside your fire  / my heat understands / Your strength / Your warning
The world is getting brighter.
Good / Its mo’_’rning!
Never forget the emphasis on yo’U’
Where everything is black / Pray the STARS will have a better view.
I’m feeling dumb – surrounded by hoodlums / Cadillac Music.
Choose quick / I should let you write about the THUG LIFE /+ AND Who Wins?
Can’t forget your cataract / Gangster Waterfalls – NEVER END
Remember LeFT Eye / Shed so many tears
My vision blurred in fog / So why bother – Dear Mama.
No Psalm / The hate you gave little infants  ~ F^^k Everyone
Smoking marijuana bong / Tupac stay calm.
Your poetry is like a street CAR name
Desire-in my ARMS – Heroine you’re not alone.
Love stay STRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment