Sunday, June 5, 2011

Worldly Woman

Hotep,

Today (5/24/2011) I watched the second of Oprah Winfrey’s three finale episodes. She was showered with honors and praises from celebs such as: Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Tom Cruise, Maya Angelou, Jada Pinkett Smith, Patti LaBelle and “Mr. Chicago” himself, Michael Jordan.

For 25 years, Oprah has graced floor model, high definition and i-phone screens around the world. I’m going to hate her talk show format coming to an end, but I’m happy for her because I know that the end of this journey is the beginning of much bigger and better experiences for the 1st lady of talk show t.v. Now, I don’t know Oprah’s current stand on the death penalty, but I have much love for her. She exemplifies everything I love about a career driven woman.

This type of woman has a clear vision of what she wants to achieve long before the world knows her name. She makes conscious decisions not to get involved in anything that can derail her future. This is the type of woman who’s not defined by her career, but her career choice brings meaning to the lives of many. Feel me?
It’s ironic that on this very same day I rejoice for Oprah. Another worldly woman – very close to me – informs me that her career is about to evolve as well. This woman has the drive of a minority presidential candidate.

She has worked so hard to be at the top of her field and she’s changed so many lives, for the better, in the process. Unlike my connection to Oprah, I know this magnificent woman personally. I’ve known her longer than Oprah’s years inside of your living rooms. She’s always been one of my favorite people. I truthfully couldn’t think of a better person to make the most of this tremendous opportunity than my home girl, Rochelle. Word is bond!

Congratulations Luv! The Universe is responding to your worth. The best is yet to come, Ma. I assure you of that. Touch the “Motherland” as you’ve touched so many throughout your journey in life and corporate success. That’s what’s up!!

You can follow Rochelle’s journey through her blog, On Assignment in Nairobi (http://onassignmentinnairobi.blogspot.com).

Much Love,

MannofStat,
NP 4 Life
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. That was a nice piece! You know not only Ophra their are Women in our own families that have done good things and are still climbing the ladders of Success! Check them out too! Be a Peace keep up the Awesome writing!

    ReplyDelete