Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Mother's Love is Unconditional

Hotep,

Writing has always come easy for me, but like any writer from time to time I will encounter that literary flu bug that may temporarily subdue the best of our capabilities. This symbolism of a virus is better known as ‘writer’s block.’  As far as I know, there is no pill to combat this type of virus, but I’m sure the best writers produce their own metaphorical vaccines to conquer any lethargy that feeds this detested virus.  Feel me?

I wrestle with ideas for this blog on a daily basis.  Sometimes I can’t sleep due to my excessive thinking. Word is bond.  My thoughts can be a collage of newfound information (e.g. Earthquake in Japan, The US Bombs Libya, Charlie Sheen goes 7:30 or Villanova being one and done in the NCAA tournament).  These thoughts range from life threatening to just plain irrelevant, but the overwhelming sting of all of them at once, compels me to inject my metaphorical vaccine to stem the chaos or ‘writer’s block.’ Na mean?

Meet my moms, ‘Stingin B’ (that’s Ms Bea to anyone else).  Now if you’ve read this blog, you know how I feel about my moms.  Just the thought of her makes me wanna pick up the pen and share some ink about our relationship.  It’s always been easy for me to express my feelings about my moms.  To say, “I have the best moms in the world,” would be a cliché.  It’s more solidifying to say that my moms has no parallel in the arena of unconditional love.  Ya heard?

My moms blessed me with the jewels of chivalry at a very young age.  Simple things like opening and closing doors for ladies or holding a woman’s chair while she’s being seated were lessons that influenced the good in a young MannofStat.  The men in my family schooled me about manhood, but it was my moms that taught me how to be a gentleman.  These memories suppress the mental chaos, paving the way for my future expressions to the Masses.  That’s what’s up!

My all time favorite ode to mothers is a classic cut by the Intruders called, ‘I’ll always love my momma.’ Now, I know I’m old school, but somebody in this blogsphere can hear me, right? If not, let me just say that this song is indicative of my mom’s ability to balance a firm hand in raising her children with a nurturing spirit that proved to be contagious.

Making a mistake was never an excuse for my moms to point her finger, but she would exercise her right as my mother to show me what I needed to be doing, rather than harping on my shortcomings.  Moms always gave me a reason to feel good about who I am. Na mean?

Diligent mothers, please hear my voice.  Your monumental sacrifices will have an infinite affect on generations to come.  I applaud the valiancy of your efforts to keep the family strong, encouraged and together. 
Happy Mother’s Day Moms!  And, Happy Mother’s Day all around the globe.  The late great Mr. James Brown once said, “It’s a Man’s World.” For that to be true, a mother had to be the salt that seasoned his life. Ya heard?

I Love You Moms,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

“A mother’s love is so special, it’s something that you can’t deny.  It’s the kind of love that stays with you until the day you die.”
The Intruders

2 comments:

  1. My Aunt Bea/ Mom has been mother to me and so many, sisters, nieces and nephews etc. She has a way of correcting in a loving matter but get her point across ; ^} I can go to my Auntie with anything and know that’s as far it will go, the trust and love I have for her cannot be express. Mom, Aunt Bea, Ms Bea, Sting Bea is a strong, caring, loving person. I hope I can be half the woman she is, IRREPLACEABLE!!!!! LOVE MY AUNTIE
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,

    What's good Cuz? The term 'irreplaceable,' says it all. I love you Cuz. Happy Mother's Day.

    Be Easy,
    Lump
    NP 4Life

    ReplyDelete