Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jesus Who?





The following expression is not an inquiry; it’s a testament of the truth.  Word is bond.


Hotep,

Jesus!   Jesus!  We say as we sit and while we stand,
But do we really know him?  Is he God or is he a man?

If he’s God, he can be all,
But if he’s a man, he’s bound to stumble and fall.

A true affirmation of being God,
Is the ability to feed five thousand with 5 loaves and 2 cod.

He dwelt among us, teaching and living his word,
He assured us that there was no need for worry, if the Father feeds a little bird

If my life was a huddle in a football game,
Jesus would be my quarterback, calling all the plays and receiving all the fame.

No mountain is too high, nor cliff too steep,
With a mustard seed of faith, prosperity you shall reap.

Faith, the substance of things hoped for,
Put it in Jesus and they become the key that unlocks any door.

Jesus had many followers, but never one loyal friend,
The greatest of his pupils denied him 3 times in the end.

If God never existed, if Jesus never had a day of birth,
There would be no reason for the sun, moon or peace on earth.

Being in the midst of spiritual warfare all the days of my life,
I have to make Jesus first, before Moms, Pops, and yeah even the wife.

The world is my footstool and underneath my enemies sit,
Living my life for Jesus is the cause of this poetic fit.

My soul is his ship and he guides me through the storm,
Jesus is at the helm! So I sit and wait for the miracles to take form.

Jesus!  Jesus!  I said in the beginning and I’ll say it in the end.
He’s the Alpha and Omega,  
Who is,
Who was and
Who is indeed a true friend.

Happy Easter All
Peace and Love,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This was so powerful. For the first time in a long time I am truly speechless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyse,

    Jesus has that effect on the best of us. Na mean? I give him all of the glory! Happy Easter Boo! Expect a miracle.

    Be Easy
    MannofStat

    ReplyDelete