Sunday, October 24, 2010

Music Gives…







“Around the way, you’re like a neighborhood jewel,
 
All the homeboys sweat you cause you’re crazy-cool."
LL Cool J



Hotep,

Music makes memories.

She can be life’s timetable.

Music gives us opportunities to grow.

She helps us to get to know others, as well as ourselves.

Music can be a peace offering or neutral ground where battles are forbidden.

Music has the ability to breed love, when hate is brewing on the horizon.

Music means tranquility in the midst of chaos, ignorance and envy.

Music offers redemption when society chooses to condemn.

She is the soundtrack for the peaks and valleys of my lifetime.

She has familiarized me with the success and failures of a Mann on the come-up.

Music is my around the way girl.

Basement parties, the Goody Shop or going into the store to purchase my Mom’s pantyhose when my masculinity wouldn’t allow me to do so.

Her image stayed close, when I moved far away.

Her voice is rhythmic.

Her actions are certified platinum.

Her passion has been the microphone for the transmission of my expressions.

Without music, what would life be?

She is a cornerstone in the construction of me becoming a better Mann.

She engineers the sound of my melodies to the masses.

Her existence is a gift to many.

The efforts of Music are amplified through speakers that reach those in need of that first dance, to shake off the butterflies and really get their party started.

But, when she’s ringing through my headphones, her sound not only encourages me to produce hits for the masses, she reminds me to never stop singing the song of Freedom.

I love you Music, my around the way girl.

Happy Birthday Ma!!

Lump,
Copyright © 2010 by Leroy Elwood Mann

“She likes to dance to the rap jams,
She’s sweet as brown sugar with the candied yams.”
LL Cool J

1 comment:

  1. Pete,

    Your abstract expression is genuine. "Sleepless in Seattle" is a gem. The Spanish and French is beyond my comprehension. I'm open to your proposition of forming a mighty alliance. So, let's get on the same page and make some history. Ya heard?

    ReplyDelete