Monday, October 18, 2010

Life is Worth Living


Hotep,
The following words are from a Mann who had recently been falsely accused of murder. This was written after the completion of his jury selection and after spending months in solitary confinement.



Life is Worth Living

Every day of living should be like one Thanksgiving feast,
The rising of your spirit should be higher than the sun in the east.

Not knowing how, but seeing the wind blow,
Through the trees, under hats, but visually nothing to show,

Its length, its height, its width, or its depth,
The wind is one of God’s prized possessions; I think that describes it best.

Feel the rays of the sun beaming down on one’s skin.
Its warmth is like the embrace of God after repentance for your sin.

I look up at the clouds and yet they look back at me.
I imagine them as animals, trees and cars, but then I wonder what do they see?

Is it peace, violence, love or is it war?
Or maybe they only see hurt and can sense when your heart is sore.

If so, I would say that they see life very clear.
Is it possible they know the exact time and date of our Lord’s coming? And, do they care?

With the wind surrounding them and their ability to block out the sun,
The clouds will be no more than carpet when my Jesus decides to come.

Who knows what life would be like if you could not experience these three,
Your soul would probably be dismal and dark and your spirits as low down as they could be.

But, if that were true, right now I would be under somebody’s shoe
Instead God’s will allows me to share my heart and give this point of view

With Jesus answering all of my calls, my soul doesn’t talk, it sings
Its melodies are worth hearing and a lot more inspiring than worldly things.

The foundation of my sight is my life being lived within the light.
Closed doors and walls won’t keep me from seeing my Trainer in this spiritual fight.

Peace & Love,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2010 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment