Sunday, June 15, 2014

Paternal Pardon

 
My Pops
“Sankofa is a West African word that means, ‘to fly forward while looking back.’ This means in order to push toward your destiny, you have to have a sense of your past.”
Hill Harper
Actor/Best Selling Author


Hotep,

On June 24, 2012 I reached out to President Obama in a post titled, “Mann to Man.” (http://word2themasses.blogspot.ae/2012/06/mann-to-man.html). My Pops was ecstatic about that post.  His enthusiasm about my direction in life let me know I was doing something right.  

We didn’t expect the president to issue a direct response to this particular blog post, but Pops was convinced the President of the United States is aware of my circumstance.

It’s always encouraging to have a father’s support when a son blazes his own trail to becoming a man.  In the wake of this trail, the poor choices of my past have been pardoned by the paternal influence that assisted in molding and shaping the Mann I am today.

When my detractors blow their horns to alert the masses that my existence is no more than a stormy petrel, looking to undo all that is good with society, the paternal pardon fuels my mission to transmit at a much higher frequency than a MannofStat detractor’s distress horn – riddled with hate.  Feel me?

As I continue to fly toward my destiny, I can see some of the fathers that have fallen before us: Mr. Leroy E. Mann, Sr., Mr. Julius Samuel, Mr. Walter ‘Big Walt’ Williams, Mr. Thomas Carter, Mr. Michael Green, Mr. Dennis L. Wilson, Sr., Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mr. Malcom X, and President Nelson Mandela.  I’m sure all of these fathers have granted a paternal pardon to their wayward offspring at some time or another.  We thank you for this familial reprieve.

The Family Mann
In closing, I’d like to acknowledge my son, Daveante Elwood Mann, Sr., who has blazed his own trail at becoming one hell of a dad.  I’m really proud of you Son.  

And, to the man who had a hand in raising my son, Mr. Earl, thank you for any paternal pardon you may have granted him. You’ve raised a good Mann.  Happy Father’s Day!!

100,

MannofStat
Copyright © by Leroy Elwood Mann

2 comments:

  1. Hey MannofStat. I always read your blog and enjoy. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you also as a father who wants the BEST for his son. God bless you

    ReplyDelete