Monday, June 2, 2014

A Tribute to a Queen’s Journey






Rochelle,

It seems like it was just yesterday when I was saluting your future international endeavors in the post, “Worldly Woman,” (http://word2themasses.blogspot.ae/2011/06/worldly-woman.html).

I’ll admit, I was a bit reserved at first, but eventually I became so inspired by your 2-year journey to Kenya that I started speaking words in my Swahili phrase book on the regular. Hujambo? (How are you?), Habari (Hello), Asante (Thank You), Karibu (Welcome), and Ndiyo (yes).  

Learning and speaking the basics of this royal language helped me to feel closer to your royal journey.  I will forever be in debt to you for that.

So here we stand at another international bypass.  This time your royal journey takes you to Dubai.  I can’t say that I know a lot about Dubai – other than what I’ve seen or read through the American media feeds.  Between you and me, we both know I’m going to receive a first hand education on the culture of your upcoming worksite.  Right?

Here’s what I do know, Rochelle: Dubai is another adventure to the east of our ocean where you’ll be leaving familiar time zones far behind.  It’s another cultural landscape awaiting your presence, because a Queen who is about her business is an international commodity.  It’s another reason for me to hold you in such high regard, Boss Lady.  Ya heard?

Your work ethic is nothing less than contagious.  You’ve given me so much to strive for, Rochelle.  I can only hope that the fruits of my labor will eventually reach a plateau to where you will be as proud of me as I am of you.  Your royal approval means everything to me, Queen.

I’m not writing this to embarrass you.  As your friend, I have the right to take pride in knowing you.  It’s an honor to be a part of your world, Ma.  Congratulations!  The world is a much better place with you in it, Rochelle.  Word is bond!

You can follow Rochelle's journey at http://dellaonassignmentindubai.blogspot.com

Friend 4 Life,

Lump
NP. 4Life
Copyright © 2014 Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment