Sunday, December 2, 2012

False Start


Hotep,
I think football fans around the globe would agree that the false start is probably the most frustrating penalty in the NFL rule book.  Think about it; the false start is indicative of a lack in continuity.  The anticipation of converting a 3rd down, or the imminence of the big play; thwarted by a lack of cohesiveness.  Na mean?
This football analogy describes my feelings to the hilt, after learning the postponement of my Achilles heel surgery.  What was supposed to have taken place on 10/26/12 (“Pump the Brakes”) has now been pushed back to 11/9/12.  SMH
In prison, whenever sudden changes come about, no explanation is given without a prisoner’s inquiry.  There is a handful of staff members that will do their best to keep you informed.  But the majority of the people in authority will give you the company line:  “I don’t know, but I’ll look into it for you.” SMH
However, if you possess the patience to call their “I’ll look into it for you” bluff, you’ll get a response similar to this:  “I called the prison hospital, but I keep getting voice mail.  I’ll keep trying though.”  I mean, WTF?!  Someone is always available in the prison hospital; it’s a hospital!  How is there no open line of communication amongst staff?  Does that not strike anyone in the blogosphere as odd?
I understand that certain precautions must be taken when transporting prisoners – whether it is for surgery, court or the general transfers to other prisons.  An attempted escape is always the administration biggest concern.  I get that, but I’m not that man.  Real talk.
You see, I’ve got little to gain in comparison to everything I have to lose by attempting to escape.  I’m not about to jeopardize that for the convenience of short-term thinking.  Believe that?
Besides, where would I go?  Who would I run to?  If I were to flee from my present circumstances, every person I love would be left behind in my wake.  Just take a look at some of the beautiful people who frequent this W.O.R.D. to the Masses platform.  The harassment they’d be subjected to isn’t something I’d want on my conscience.  Feel me?
There would be a bounty on my head with the terms, “Dead or Alive” attached to it.  That’s not the type of freedom I’m looking forward to.  Good people are counting on me to prove my detractors wrong, ya heard?
Whew!! Forgive me if I’m coming off as a little too huffy.  The negligence of my health; my case; or my mail tends to spike my blood pressure a bit.  Your ear has been therapeutic to my plight, Blogosphere.  Asante?  I can exhale with ease now.
In closing, allow me to say this:  my form of freedom consists of me walking there American streets – far from the shadows of seclusion – with my head held high.  So, C’mon!  Let’s all get lined up; get on the same page and bring the big play to fruition.  The corrective surgery for my Achilles heel is my only agenda – concerning my upcoming travels.  There’s no need to call an audible; just run the play, people.  My freedom will come the same way I lost it; in court.  That’s what’s up!!
Nuff Said,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment