Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Profile of An Enigma

Hotep,

The following expression was created by Brother Jamil.  Not only is he one of the many ballers here on the row, more importantly he’s a brother with something to say.  He shoots the gift of literary expression just as fluently as the release on his jumpshot.  Na mean?
One of the good things about having to live on the 1st floor was getting reacquainted with my homie Jamil.  I’m honored by his contribution to this blog.  Word is bond!
As the point guard of this W2TM movement, I’ve elected to get Jamil into the flow of this blogosphere.  I have yet to regret getting him the rock when we’re on the b-ball court.  So, I’m highly confident about feeding his literary hunger with the spotlight of W2TM.  I assure you, this Worthy Opportunity will Reveal his Diligence.  Ya heard?
The ball is in your hands Jamil.  Go ahead and drop some knowledge on the Masses.
Be Easy,
MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
The Profile of An Enigma 

They take my kindness for weakness
They take my silence for speechless

They consider my uniqueness strange
They call my language slang

They see my confidence as conceit
They see my mistakes as defeat

They consider my success accidental
They minimize my intelligence to potential

My question means I’m unaware
My advancement is somehow unfair

Any praise is preferential treatment
To voice my concern is discontentment

If I stand up for myself, it’s too defensive
If I don’t trust them, I’m too apprehensive

I’m defiant if I separate
I’m fake if I assimilate 

My character is constantly under attack
Pride for my people means I’m too Black 

Copyright © 2012 by Jamil S. Elamin

No comments:

Post a Comment