Monday, November 22, 2010

Gratitude

Hotep,


The season of thankfulness is upon us once more. It’s ironic that we’ve set aside a particular season for being thankful when every waking hour of our existence gives us plenty to be thankful for. Na mean? But, in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, I’d like to share my thankfulness with the masses. So here’s some flavor for your ear.

First and foremost, I have to thank my Creator for allowing my eyelids to continue blinking throughout an eventful 42 year journey. I’m truly thankful for my life’s experiences, good and bad. The best times made for some good memories, but it’s the pitfalls in life that define a Mann’s character. Ya heard?

For my fam and my loved ones, thankful doesn’t begin to describe my gratitude for their unconditional love and support. My current situation has been a strain on our ability to break bread in the traditional Thanksgiving fashion, but the visits and correspondences keep me in the loop of your life’s progressions. And for that, I’m deeply grateful. Word is bond!

And how can I not be thankful for the future of my fam? My cuzzo Jazzy, my nephew Juwan and my grandseed Daveante Jr., aka “Deuce.” My love overflows for you. Whenever I think of Jazzy’s creative writing skills or Juwan’s hardy demeanor and inquiring mind or my Lil’ Mann Deuce getting his first haircut, I see myself within them and I gush with pride. Their existence has healed some of my old wounds and injected me with a vaccine that helps me combat the virus known as despair. Feel me?

Basically, I’m grateful to just be alive and experiencing the art of living. No matter what your situation may be, you can always make the most out of being alive. I experienced one of greatest joys in life last night (11/15/10) while listening to my man Mike Vick “Vicktimize” Donovan McNabb and the Washington Redskins over the radio waves.

Vick completed 20/28 passes for 333 yards. He threw 4 touchdowns, ran for 80 yards and 2 more touchdowns and his 150.7 passer rating is tops in the NFL. His journey is a true redemption story (http://word2themasses.blogspot.com/2010/10/redemption.html ), one that allows media pundits to understand that some of us are truly thankful for second chances. And, for where Vick is taking the Eagles this year, I am so grateful! Holla if ya hear me.

Keep it 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2010 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment