Monday, April 22, 2013

Glacial Beings




Hotep,

Does it seem right that a person can be deemed to be, “without remorse,” based upon the subjective opinions of people who support state sanctioned executions?  I mean, what’s the definitive showing of remorse?  In my experience; one man’s tears can be the next man’s insomnia.  But, how can a perfect stranger determine if someone is truly remorseful?

I don’t know, blogosphere, it would probably be easier to explain the wave – particle duality of energy as it relates to the Planck Constant.  But, I’m no physics major, so I’ll just give you what I got.  Aight?

Living in a perfect world is not an option.  Therefore, we have to face the reality that in a court of law we are judged with bias – whether it’s due to race, gender, or genre, bias will always be a factor.  Think about it; if you don’t like someone, isn’t it easy to knit-pick at what you believe to be his or her flaws?  This is what a prosecutor does to a defendant in a capital murder trial.

There are some good people in the world who believe I’m a cold-hearted murderer.  And, I don’t hold them the least bit responsible for feeling as such, simply because I know that some cold-hearted individuals used my flaws to – figuratively speaking – paint a mural of this monstrous public perception that I now have hanging over my existence.  Na mean?

During a trial, prosecutors are given the floor to sway the jurors with their subjective opinions, concerning the defendant.  Throughout the course of these litigable performances, prosecutors generally portray themselves as caregiving liaisons to the victim’s family.

If a prosecutor is seeking the death penalty, he/she will strategically coordinate evidence as a means of dehumanizing a defendant, while camouflaging his/her blood lust with an empathetic image – that in most cases proves to be contagious amongst jurors.  Feel me?

These incongruous law practices generally lead to tainting of evidence; jury tampering; abuse of discretions; mistrials; or wrongful death sentence.  Truth is: some choose to know; others choose not to know.  It’s a cold reality, but at some point and time all of us will have to acknowledge what’s right, and what’s wrong.  So bundle up.

Keep it 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment