Sunday, November 13, 2011

Me Versus Myself


Hotep,

At some point and time everyone makes decisions that will eventually put them at a disadvantage.  Oh, how sweet it might be to be exempt of the flaw or mere human trait better known as “a poor choice.” For example, as a teen, Moms gave me permission to use her Datsun 210 (I know, ancient history, right? They don’t even make Datsuns anymore.  LOL)  The gas needle indicated the tank was half full, before I left. 
I brought the car back with less than a ¼ tank of gas.  Needless to say, it was a minute before I got the keys to that Datsun again, which put me at an egregious disadvantage because I had to hop the Iron Horse (train), to attend a house party in Logan.  Now if you know North Philly, you’d know that there’s nothing friendly about a house party in Logan.  Na mean?
Throughout my adulthood, I’ve become my biggest critic.  I’m always thinking of ways to better myself.  There’s always room for improvement.  In an environment that is set up to make a sane man go bonkers, love for self minimizes the distractions of living inside the box and advantageous decisions will follow.  Feel me?
Looking in the mirror shows me what people see, but my reflection tells me exactly who I am.  Prisoner #0255136 doesn’t show in my reflection.  Sparse thinking is not a trait of my reflection either.   Diligence, creative thinking and loyalty is what I see when I look into myself. 
My reflection is the facilitator to the people – you may know as “MannofStat,” the Langston Hughes of b-ball commentary, the father of “Day-Day.,” the G-Dad of “Deuce” and the loving son of “Stingin B.” That’s a reflection that makes it easy for me, to love me.  Word is bond!
Standing at the door or 2012, there are still many who anticipate my state sanctioned demise.  A 16 year old decision has put me at a grave disadvantage.  Remaining silent has its consequences.  Despite these unfavorable circumstances, I’m really going to enjoy this holiday season.  You know why?  Because I love my reflection.  My poor choices are a thing of the past.  By the way, I made sure I stopped for gas before I came home.  Ya heard?
Happy Holidays, blogosphere, prosperity awaits us in 2012.
Peace and Love,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2011 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment