Monday, June 7, 2010

Responding to 'Anonymous'


Hotep,

I received an anonymous comment from a viewer who showed some concern about the humane rights of the victims of death row prisoners.

Anonymous said...
Humane? I can't help but ask did the victims of these death row inmates have a humane death? Why should we care if they have a humane death or not?

April 21, 2010 9:09 AM


Well “Anonymous,” I can only speak for myself. If my family member or loved one was murdered, I’d be very angry, but I wouldn’t be so blind with rage that “any justice” would do.

I would want the state to honestly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this person is responsible for my loved one’s murder.

A grand performance by the district attorney and a gang of circumstantial evidence alone wouldn’t put my doubts to rest.

If the state’s attorney convinced me that this person killed my loved one, I’d have to believe that they are the worst of the worst before I would condone an execution.

You see ‘Anonymous,’ executions don’t sit well with me. Not because I’m on death row, but because over the centuries people have been executed for a lot less than murder and some of those unfortunate souls were executed merely because someone didn’t approve of the color of their skin.

That still stands true today ‘Anonymous.’ I know it’s difficult to see through all of the murk and mire the media has cast upon death row prisoners across the board, but hear my voice Anonymous and people of all races, shapes and religions. I am the bridge between first time offender and death row prisoner.

I am Mannofstat, a voice after the event has occurred. A statistic tells the story for those, who were unable, to witness the happenings. In some cases, a statistic can relieve doubts and grant confidence to those who are in need of a moral ascension. Stat is short for statistic.

So here I am, Mannofstat, engulfed in legalities and doing what I do live and direct from death row.

Sure enough my back is against the wall, but capitulation is not an option.

I’m a living example of what is wrong with our justice system. I am the antidote for recidivism. I only need on second chance. Ya heard?

‘Anonymous,’ thank you for your honesty. I’m sure your views are shared by many.

This blog is your forum to speak openly. As the Mannofstat, my mission is to be a facilitator to the masses. So, I am more than willing to shed some light on your darkness. Feel me?

Until next time, holla if you hear me.

Be Easy,

Mannofstat.
Copyright © 2010 by Leroy Mann

6 comments:

  1. Whatever the case maybe, Lord forgive us of our sin, Humans dont, some do some dont, whatever happen, Lawyers or your peers could not prove resonalbe doubt and they judge you by color, then its sad, people snap, people lose their control, people up bringing plays a role in everybody life, may the Lord watch over you, and keep his word with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular post has hit very close to home with me, because I can relate to this on both sides. My father was murdered on March 15, 1991 and I have a family member that is (in my opinion unjustly) accused of murder.
    Now I can sit here and say that the men who murdered my father deserve the same death that he experienced. But what purpose would that serve. It's not going to bring my father back. It's not going to give my son an opportunity to meet his grandfather. And it sure won't give me back the 11th birthday that I spent attending my father's funeral. Speaking as the daughter of a victim, his death was no way humane. But it’s not my right or job to past judgment on those two men. I cannot sit here and say that they deserve to die for the crime that they committed.
    Truth be told I've never understood the death penalty anyway. I don't understand how you can put a group of my so called “peers” together and have them to decide if I should live or die. To me our justice system is a total joke. Too many people are being sentenced to die by their "peers" who are totally innocent. And that’s being proven every single day. Were the two men who murdered my father sentenced to death? Nope! They received 75 years for what they did. What they did in the eyes of the law should have gotten them death, but in my opinion it all came down to the color of skin of all parties involved. But I digress on that one.
    So, if you sentenced this person to die then that should hold true to every single person that has committed the same crime no matter what they look like. Manofstat I commend you on your response to Anonymous. I believe that you handled that very well. I can’t say that I would have handled it the same. Anonymous, just so you know, as a daughter of a victim, I care if they have a humane death or not. And believe it or not, so should you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotep Nyse,
    I applaud you for speaking your peace. It takes a lot of courage to speak about the loss of loved one in a public forum such as this. Death is so hard to deal with. So, how is it that the state attempts to make death an appropriate solution?

    In one breath, the state's attorney will say that the victim's death was heinous, attrocious and cruel. Then, in another breath they'll say the accused should be sentenced to death because his actions were premeditated and deliberated with malice.

    It's ironic that the lawmakers refuse to see that sentencing a person to death is doing so with premedition and deliberation and with obvious malicious intent. And by the standards of the law, the state's method of execution is heinous, atrocious and cruel. But, who knew?

    Keep speaking your mind Nyse. Your personal experience is educating the masses. Word is bond!

    One,

    Mannofstat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were proven guilty! The state did "honestly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this person is responsible for my loved one’s murder".... Ask her family. You are not a bridge between first time offender and death row. You were tried and convicted of murdering a woman. How does this make you a bridge? In my mind it makes you a convicted felon and murderer. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bible says "He/She who is without SIN cast the first stone". Are you able to cast any stones Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you 100% @ A Faithful Reader. To Anonymous just like you lost someone, I did too. I lost a big brother. No we cant go back in time and put things back the way they were, but we can go on and try to make them better. Im pretty sure your loved one wouldnt have been too pleased seeing you act in this manner. I understand where your coming from. Loosing a loved one is not easy, but it wont get any easier if we continue to point the finger and make someone else feel what we feel. Continue to keep your loved ones legacy going by starting a campaign or helping someone out through the legacy of a loved one. Just like you and your family are hurting. Me and my family are also hurting and to see things like this dosent make it any better. Just like a mother and father lost a daughter. A mother, father, son, sister, brother, neice, cousins, aunts, uncles, and Nana lost someone too. How do you think we feel not being able to touch or hug our loved one? Dont you think he already knows what happen and he sees and feels it everyday when he wakes up knowing he never knows when the next time he'll be able to hug his parents, or kiss his nana, or even hold his grandson? Words can hurt and you need to think before you write because you are not only hurting the person your comment was aimed at, but also his loved ones.

    ReplyDelete