Monday, May 10, 2010

The Creator's Plan



Hotep,

The day of April 12, 2010 ended on a high note for me.

Now, considering my current situation, that may sound like an oxymoron to most of you in the blogosphere.

But, April 12, 2010 marks the day that the writing of my first novel was finished.

“Concrete Seeds: The Sowing Volume 1,” is an expression of love, hate, rage and pain.

In so many ways, this novel is my entire being, my life’s work in a nut shell.

Finalizing this project that I’ve worked on for years, leaves me with a monumental sense of achievement. Na mean?

I’m familiar with this sense of achievement;

The birth of my son, whose now 21 years old, (What’s up Daveante?)

The pitter-patter of my grandseed’s feet, stomping into this world 18 months ago, (What it do Lil’ Mann G-dad loves you),

Were monumental achievements in my life as well.

And let me tell you, the seed of a Mann is a beautiful thing. Word is bond!

But, this novel has a beauty of its own.

Writing it taught me that tragedy doesn’t always have to be an ending.

It can also be a beginning.

And, if it is a beginning, the remainder of your existence can evolve into a beautiful life story of accomplishment. Feel me?

I hate being in prison.

And trust me, I say that wearing a frown.

But, I’m beginning to see it as the manifestation of the Creator’s plan.

You may choose your path, but you will become what the Creator intended you to be. Na mean?

For me, understanding the Creator’s plan has been a lifelong journey.

Growing up in North Philly, my plan was to get a basketball scholarship to Georgetown University,

Becoming a 4-time All-American and a 2-time National Player of the Year.

My plan also had me graduating with a 3.8 GPA and a degree in journalism, but obviously that wasn’t the Creator’s plan.

My plan was to be the no. 1 pick in the 1990 NBA draft,

Having a prolific career playing point for my beloved Sixers (who could really use my wet jumper and ankle aching cross-over right about now),

I planned on teaming up with the great ‘Sir Charles’ and bringing championships back to my city.

The pinnacle of my existence would’ve been watching my number 44 being hoisted into the rafters of the Wachovia Center, joining the greats before me (Wilt, Billy C, Doc, Bobby Jones, and Barkley).

You see, my plan was to be the savior to my city’s championship woes.

But again, that wasn’t the Creator’s plan. Feel me?

My current placement is on death row.

No b-ball scholarship

No college degree

No NBA championships

Most definitely not my plan.

But, through divine intervention, I have a voice.

A voice that gives me the opportunity to be a Q-Tip to the ears of the masses.

Worthy Opportunities Reveal Diligence

The conclusion is simple. The Creator’s plan is for you Mannofstat to be all in your ear.

That’s what’s up!!

Be Easy,
Mannofstat
Copyright © 2010 by Leroy Mann

4 comments:

  1. Hi, MannofStat! It's Regina, the typist. Robby told me about your blog, and I'm excited to read your writings beyond (excellent) b-ball notes. Sorry I'm behind on this last season -- I'll catch up soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotep Regina,

    I'm so glad to hear from you. It's good to have your positive energy on my blog. I hope that you will continue to peep in on my work. You're more than welcome.

    I know times have been hard for you. Please know that you and your fam are in my daily prayers keep your head up friend. Life's pitfalls makes the beat of us stronger beings. Ya hear?

    Stay tuned. More b-ball commentary is on the way. "Ball til We Fall" will be launched in the very near future. Thanks again Regina. I'll be looking forward to your future comments.

    Be Easy,
    Mannofstat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the BEGINNING! Mannofstat continue to be that Q-tip! May save those who are headed down the wrong path. Its unreal how many lives’s you maybe touching. Continue keeping it REAL!!

    Dollette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotep Dollette,
    I wanna thank you for your emphatic enthusiasm. And, let me tell you, you are so right. This is the beginning. A beautiful beginning to something really good. Hopefully my words can be a detour to anyone driving through life, wearing a blindfold. Na mean?

    It's good to have you on board Dollette. Your participation is most definitely welcome. Stay tuned for more realness. Ya heard?

    Holla if ya hear me,
    Mannofstat

    ReplyDelete