Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Thankful Mann

Hotep,
It’s good to be alive.  I mean, despite all of the drama surrounding my existence and the many days of watching time go by, like balloons in the sky, I am truly thankful for another opportunity to be so much more than my circumstance.  In so many ways, The Most Gracious ONE has given me much to be thankful for.  So this Thanksgiving post goes out to any and every one reading between the lines of this post.  If a particular category reaches you; then yes!  I’m talking to you.
First and foremost; the everlasting support system comprised of family members and loved ones around the globe is a gift that keeps on giving.  Thanks for the love, my Peoples.  It’s this type of love that puts me in constant interaction with youngstas seeking advice, from someone who’s been where they’re going, mentally and emotionally.  That is something worthy of thanks.  Peachy days are rare inside this box, but the sense of relevance relieves the anguish of my physical limitations.  Feel me?
How could a Mann not be thankful for the barriers put before him, as a means of derailing his progression?  I am so thankful for the word, “Impossible.” It’s the fuel that drives me to exceed the expectations of the so-called “experts.” Holla if ya hear me, People:  The only expert on the heights of my capabilities is The Most Gracious ONE, himself.  So, no expert of man can adequately deem the aspirations of a Mann as impossible.  Ya heard?
A great champion of men once said:
“Impossible is not a fact.  It is an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration.  It is a dare.  Impossible is potential.  Impossible is temporary.  Impossible is nothing.” With that said; it’s only right that I’m thankful for those that suffered persecution, state sanctioned bondage, and threats of death, long before I had to experience it.  Their blueprint is encouragement for the mighty task I have ahead of me.  Word is bond!
My connection to the Creator goes far beyond the worldly understanding of thankfulness.  My infinite gratitude is the foundation for my daily walk.  The enemy will continue to step into my path; and for that, I have to be thankful.  Why?  Well, I believe the enemy comes in the form of detractors, haters and backstabbers.  To encounter them, is to know them.  To know them, is to empathize with them.  We empathize with them because at some point and time we were them.
I’m thankful for love of self, and the recognition of my human flaws.  So loving you is not incomprehensible.  Ya heard?
Keep it 100,
MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment