Sunday, September 23, 2012

One More for Deuce


Note:  This post was written on the eve of my 44th birthday (7/21/2012).  The Mann legacy continues to roll on and on like a rolling stone.

Hotep,
Looking at the pictures of my grandseed is a humbling experience.  By the time this goes to press, the nativity of my granddaughter, Daleah Janeice Mann, a.k.a. Tear, will be warming the heart of this G-Dad, another brick in the fortress of the Mann legacy.  Ya heard?
The baby girl will forever be her G-Dad’s Summer Breeze, but as the seasons change, her older brother Daveante Elwood Mann, Jr., a.k.a. Deuce grows one year older.  He continues to light up my life with his shiny smile and the dreamy brown eyes of every Mann before him.  That’s what’s up! 
To some, four years of existence in this cold world doesn’t come close to the relevance of living a full life.  Well, reading my Nana’s obituary helped me to realize that every root, branch or stem of my family tree is worthy of celebration.  Na mean?
I’m not going to wait until my grandson graduates Kiddie College or receive a basketball scholarship to USC to tell him how proud I am that he’s a part of me.  Here and now is the prime opportunity to just say:  I love you, Lil’ Mann.  You inspire me to be a much better Mann than I was the day before.  Feel me?
The roots of our family tree were cultivated by the hands of honor, moxy and reverence.  A crisis of today doesn’t stagnate the progression of tomorrow.  My will to live flows through the post-toddler veins you now possess, Deuce.  As you continue to grow, just keep in mind that your existence was predestined. 
Long before Daveante Sr. met Jessica; Long before Leroy Jr. meet Tweedy; Long before Julius met Rachel; the Creator knew what your existence would mean to me, Deuce.  He knew that one day I’d need to see the face of my future to understand how to turn the key of my existence.  Word is bond!
I can only imagine how advanced technology will have become by the time you and your baby sis are knowledgeable enough to operate the necessary software – linking you to the realness of your East Coast lineage.  My story is your history, Lil’ Mann.  Don’t attempt to follow in my footsteps.  All I ask is that you acknowledge them as you blaze you own trail.  Aight?
Happy Birthday, Deuce!!  Your 4th year is just as relevant as my 44th. Ya heard?
Much Love,

G-Dad, a.k.a.
MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment