Sunday, December 1, 2013

Actions Within the Box

This post was originally scheduled for 10/6/2013

Hotep,

Writing is action.  Your actions within the box can influence many on the other side of the wall.  A common action when dealing with prison life – is to become one, with the environment.  This is not an action that would be a positive influence on my peoples.  Na mean?

Professor Anathea Portier – Young conducted today’s (10/2/2013) lecture, for my creative writing class.  She’s a professor of Old Testament Biblical Studies at the prestigious Duke University.  Using the book of Daniel, Professor Young provided some enlightening geographical insight on Judea, Israel and the ancient empire known as Babylonia – as well as their economical status.  In an excellent display of keenness, she also simplified the meanings behind the use of certain symbols within Daniel’s visions.

From this particular lecture, it becomes clear that the structure of captivity feeds on the privileges and perks offered to the captives.  E.g. When Daniel chose not to defile himself with the pleasures of his environment, the chief official immediately acknowledged his action as insubordinate, and feared that he, the chief official, would be beheaded for Daniel’s actions (Daniel 1:8-10).  Potentially making a stressful situation even worse.

In prison, what may be considered perks, or privileges can be a means of survival for some.  Certain indulgence can be expected (canteen, watching sports and recreation), but for the most part; accepting my circumstances is not an option.  Feel me?

You see, Daniel was granted the title of “Wise Man,” by his captors.  The perks of carrying such a title did not change the fact that he faced death whenever the king decided his time was up (Daniel 2:13).  King Nebuchadnezzar ordered the execution of all the “Wise Men” of Babylon because his dream couldn’t be interpreted.

The halls of Unit 3 make no promises.  Standing firm on your principles, and holding true to who you are, isn’t a common action.  It’s a position that may or may not be respected by many.  But it will always bear the threat of confrontation.  At any given time, a spiritually shattered individual may lash out, in an attempt to shake up the firm position of being a “Wise Mann.”  My remedy for this is simple: stay true to what you do, and trust in the Creator that you represent.  Word is bond!

Professor Young left the class with an assignment – due next week.  I’ve been instructed to write my own story and vision composition.  I’ve already spent a good part of the day visualizing my expression.  It is my opinion that Professor Young wants her pupils to understand the influence of writing while in captivity.  At this very moment, I just can’t shake the visual of a lion following a crab up and down the sandy shore of a southern California beach.  Can anybody in the Blogosphere see the influence in that?  Well, I guess we’ll find out next week.

As always, I’m thankful for another meeting with a literary expert.  Professor Anathea Portier – Young is due to return in 3 weeks.  Absorbing the fruits of her lecture has greatly influenced my will to cultivate my gift, and serve my purpose in a manner that glorifies the one who created me.  My entire life has been predicted in this moment.  After all, it was a “Wise Mann” who once said: “When you begin to understand your earliest memories, you’ll realize that your purpose in this life, has driven your entire existence.” (See “Crab Meets Lion, https://word2themasses.blogspot.com/2013/07/crab-meets-lion.html”).  So here it is, blogosphere.  My action of influence.

One,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 by Leroy Elwood Mann




No comments:

Post a Comment