Monday, March 28, 2016

Sounds of a Superhero


Can you hear that?

“Around the way you’re like a neighborhood jewel.  All the homeboys sweat you so you’re crazy-cool.” 

Sounds like my SUPERWOMAN.

Flawless as the quality of a Stevie Wonder piano scale
Unbreakable like Ms. Keys
She’s harmonious as A-minor
Able to exceed the need for Al Green’s, Love and Happiness
She is the heart that beats like a ?uestlove drum solo
Look, it’s a guitar, it’s a drumstick, nah, its MUSIC.

By day, MUSIC makes memories
She can be life’s timetable
MUSIC gives us opportunities to grow
Helping us get to know others as well as ourselves
MUSIC can be peace, offering neutral ground where battles are forbidden
MUSIC holds love in spades when hate is brewing on the horizon
She bleeds tranquility in the midst of chaos, ignorance and envy
MUSIC offers redemption when society chooses to condemn.

By night, she is the soundtrack for the peaks and valleys of my being
She familiarizes me with the success and failures of a Mann on the come-up
MUSIC is the SUPER AROUND THE WAY GIRL
Basement parties, the Goody Shop, or
Just going in the store to purchase Mom’s pantyhose when my masculinity wouldn’t allow me to do so.

Her image remained close when I moved far away
Her voice is rhythmic
Her actions are certified platinum
Her passion has been the microphone for the transmission of my expressions
Without MUSIC, what would life be?

She is a cornerstone in the construction of me becoming a better Mann.
She engineers the sound of my melodies to the Masses
Her existence is a gift to many
The efforts of MUSIC are amplified through speakers that reach those in need of that 1st dance, to shake off the butterflies and really get their party started.
When she’s ringing through my headphones, her sound not only encourages me to produce hits for the Masses,

She reminds me to never stop singing the song of FREEDOM.

“She likes to dance to the rap jams.  She’s sweet as brown sugar with the candied yams.”
I love MUSIC
My around the way SUPERHERO.


Copyright © 2016 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment