Sunday, April 27, 2014

Voices From the Row: Nature Doesn’t Need an Alibi



Hotep,

Guest writers – here on W. O. R. D to the Masses – is nothing out of the ordinary.  I believe that everyone, even death row residence, have a voice.  Usually the only obstacle to their expression is the proper venue.  

The expressions that flow from my pen prove to be therapeutic, informative and sometimes inspirational.  So, I wanted to share my venue with the residence of North Carolina’s Death Row in order for them to share their expressions.

The plan is to make this segment a monthly installment, which would be a much welcome addition to this venue.  One problem; I’m very selective about the expressions displayed on this platform.  So, a monthly commitment is doable, but not probable.  If the writers are willing to bring the heat, then the blogosphere will feel the flames.  I can assure you of that.  Ya heard?

It’s no secret that J. Dushame Murrell is one of my favorite, “Voices From the Row.” His style of writing will captivate your ear if you’re willing to hear.  For example, “The Great White Shark – man made applause.” A great white shark devours and destroys; an applause is produced through the continuous action of hands.

In this particular expression, Dushame reveals his connection to nature through the slow death of our planet, by the hands of man.  In turn, he parallels the slow death of Mother Earth, to a potential state sanctioned execution, to be carried out by the same “man made applause.” Feel me?

You see, through Dushame’s expression, capital punishment is seen on a much broader scale.  The death that plagues this planet is killing all of us.  Expeditious or slow; nature is dwindling, through “man made applause.”

Still Livin,’

MannofStat
Copyright © 2014 by Leroy Elwood Mann
 ------------------------------------------------


Nature Doesn’t Need An Alibi

My laws of Nature adapt to withstand any attack from Jaws!

The Great White Shark – man made applause.

Give me a round of mold, plants and some Native BLOOD!

And maybe a lightning bug.

Dip my finger in the Dirt and Penicillin prescriptions will linger in the earth. 

I write for my ancestors picking tonight. 

Souls trapped in a MUD SLIDE.

You ain’t know, but that Glow-n-the Dark, isn’t a STAR.

It’s a Death Ride, Getting closer.

Killing Mother Earth with your pesticide.

Now you try-n-to kill me with some Chemical.

I guess success breeds confidence.

Cause a lot of hopes, done died inside this fence.

I hear another storm is coming but can’t find the eye!

I WONDER WHY? NATURE doesn’t need an Alibi.

J Dushame Murrell
Copyright © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment